„Looking back to see forward“ – this is our claim. Since the foundation of the company 83 years ago the family Walter had one vision: Optimal technology for the best possible quality. Our path was leading in one direction all the time – forward!
- 1931 – GEWA was incorporated by brothers Heinrich and Franz Walter in Bingen at the Rhine river in between the big german wine regions.
- 1935 – GEWA has the technical ability to produce the complete print demand for wineries.
- 1972 – Heinz and Kurt Walter, the next generation assume the responsibility for the corporation. They expand the range of services with labels for Sparkling Wine, Spirits, non alcoholic drinks and semiluxury food.
- 1980 - To stay abreastto the trend of highly refined wine labels GEWA invests in technology to get the ability to deliver all print finishing steps from one source.
- 1998 – Matthias Walter joins the executive board to continue the family tradition.
- 1999 Foundation of GEWA-Roll. This step is an early reaction to the trend for more selfadhesive labels in the beverage industry
- 2006 – Matthias Walter assumes the shares of the company from his uncle Kurt Walter and is now chief partner and speaker of the management board.
- 2007 – GEWA-Druck GmbH and GEWA-Roll GmbH both successful companies merge together to the GEWA Etiketten GmbH.
- 2009 – Complete rebuilding of the wet-glue production in Bingen. Generating an optimal workflow in cooperation with Heidelberger Druck.
- 2010 – Uwe Refflinghaus joins the management board.
- 2013 - GEWA France was established and act as distibution company for GEWA Germany.
The image film about GEWA Etiketten was produced in cooperation with media company Filmproduktion Rhein Main/AD Store. Click here to go to the image film GEWA Etiketten
- 2014 - Entry to the digital printing technologie for self-adhesive labels
- 2016 - Massive capacity expansion in wet glue and self-adhesive labels, especially in digital printing Druck&Medein Award "Finisher of the Year" for GEWA Etiketten Registration of the utility model for an innovative wrap-around label for the swiss beverage brand Rivella
We are not yet finished on our way. Getting better every day to transfer your wishes on labels is our target.